Great deals from Halifax car rental brands
Why book with us?
Lowest Price Promise - Book with confidence
- No booking fees
- Lowest price guarantee
- Instantly confirmed options
- Famous brands and local fleets
- Free cancellation on most cars
- Free amendments on most cars
- 24/7 customer service
- Trusted by 1 million+ customers
Get a car rental at Halifax Airport and get on the road
Halifax International Airport is the biggest in Nova Scotia. It serves as the entry point for most visitors to this beautiful region which connects to Canada via only a small strip of land. Renting a car from Halifax Airport is the best way to explore and get up close and personal with the charming and scenic peninsula province.
The freedom and flexibility of a rental car from Halifax is perfect for Nova Scotia’s endless coastlines, numerous gorgeous small towns and many outdoor recreation opportunities. The peninsula’s attractions are spread out, but nowhere is more than a day’s drive, so having your own wheels makes it easy to get from place to place.
Search, compare and stick to your budget
Finding the perfect vehicle at the right price can be tricky thanks to the many Halifax Airport car rental options. Our site exists to make your life easier - here’s why you should book with us:
- We bring together a wide range of suppliers in one place, so you can see all the options that fit your requirements without spending hours scouring the internet.
- Our search engine simplifies the process. Just enter your dates and a few other relevant details and you will get a list of all available vehicles. Filters and categories help to refine the options even further according to your priorities: vehicle class, transmission type, availability and more.
- All you need to make an informed decision is right there in the search results. Displayed for each vehicle is the class, the pick-up method, price and the products or services provided with the rental, such as roadside assistance, free amendments, unlimited mileage and theft protection where applicable. Vehicle features including transmission, luggage space and number of seats are indicated with symbols for easy comparisons.
- The price is right on our site! Our prices are always low as we negotiate with all car rental suppliers to offer our customers the best rates on the internet. Additionally, you can find extra cheap car rentals from Halifax Airport in the special offers displayed on the main page.
International Airport: Find your Car
As a big and busy air transport hub, Halifax Airport can be hard to navigate. Having your car rental pre-booked makes life a little easier, and with a little preparation you will have a stress-free experience.
Check your rental confirmation voucher before picking up your car. The in-airport rental counters can be found on the lower level of the Parkade building directly across from the terminals, and it is simple to pick-up and be on your way. Well-known brands including Thrifty, Budget and Alamo are located there.
Some companies operate from off-airport depots. This will be indicated when you book. Just read your rental confirmation voucher for instructions - most companies offer a shuttle and you will be required to call them upon arrival so they can pick you up.
See Nova Scotia with a car rental from Halifax
Halifax is centrally located on the Nova Scotia peninsula, and you have your choice of destinations after picking up your rental car. Summer is the best time for a road trip in the region, as outdoor activities are widespread and wonderful.
The South Shore and Eastern Shore lie either side of Halifax, and their convoluted coastlines offer endless coves, harbours and desolate headlands, several boasting charming old lighthouses. Surfing is popular on both Shores, as well as sailing, kayaking and birdwatching. Lunenberg to the south-west of Halifax is a particularly pretty fishing town and definitely worth a visit. Its Old Town is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Famous for its extreme high tides, the Bay of Fundy is another great destination to consider when you rent a car from Halifax Airport. Whales are a common sight in the Bay. The seafood in the region is plentiful and fantastic, so stop at a restaurant or two.
Connected to mainland Nova Scotia only by a causeway is the thickly forested Cape Breton Island, where you can drive the Cabot Trail through the highlands of the Cape Breton Highlands National Park. This steep and windy route requires a bit of caution but rewards those who make the effort with incredible ocean vistas.
Begin your holiday with a Halifax Airport car rental and you are guaranteed the trip of a lifetime!